Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Before, not after...

I was going through my iPhoto files, uploading to Flickr and cleaning them out, when I came across these shots of my laundry/craft/sewing room. I took them last September, just before we had the new countertops put in. It was my intent to take some "after" shots and show what a difference they made. But then we had this little thing called Hurricane Ike and somehow I forgot about it. I am sharing the "before" pictures with you now, hoping that this will motivate me to clean it up enough to take those "after" shots.

We bought the house from someone who remodeled and "flipped" it. They really took a lot of (cheap) shortcuts. The backsplash on the sink is nothing more than the laminate surface run up the wall. (If you click on the photo for a close-up you will see what I mean). And about that faucet...

My workspace had the same laminate issue. At first I thought it was a bit excessive to put granite in a laundry room, but looking at new construction around here, that is what is being done, and we are trying to make improvements that will make the house more marketable when we do decide to sell it. When that happens I will be changing out my ME cherry door/drawer pulls!

3 comments:

BitsAndPieces said...

Pam, I like the before photos so I know the after shots will be wonderful. Thanks for sharing your craft/laundry room. Nice space!

Sandy

Margie said...

I like the fact you still have the Sony clock radio...mine is on my nightstand!

Sharon said...

That's my kind of room! It looks great "before" and I'm sure it will look fabulous "after!"