Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Today's cookie exchange was a great success...12 attendees=12 different types of cookies! I made lunch for everyone, too...Jamie Oliver's Chickpea and Leek Soup. No pictures...it's not very pretty, but DELICIOUS! I did however take advantage of the opportunity to wear this cute vintage Santa apron. A good thing about having the cookie exchange this early is that I was motivated to do some Christmas decorating. I put the Spode Christmas Tree china on display in the china cabinet (and served lunch on it :-)
This cute little cup and saucer is from my childhood.
And I just found four of these last week at the thrift store for $1.00 each!
We have five of these fabulous retro glasses from the 50s. Mike thinks they belonged to his aunt. Don't they just make you want to have a hi-ball?

2 comments:

BugnLVoe said...

That santa cup and saucer is a treasure. So cute. :-)

Did you see the Lenox Christmas tree for sale on Susan Branch's website? I splurged and bought it. I hope it comes before Christmas.

XOXO

Cathy said...

How lucky to have the santa cup and saucer from when you were a child. I've not seen one like that before. I love your santa apron too. Thank you for sharing it with me. Merry Christmas!

Cathy :)