Friday, December 7, 2007

Work in progress

My mother's birthday is December 10th. It has always kind of sneaked up on me because I start thinking and planning for Christmas and then I realize we're into the second week of December and I need a birthday gift for her. Two years ago, the year I got my Bernina Artista, I embroidered this shirt for her. I got basic shirt at the Quilt Festival from All About Blanks.

My mom has subsequently lost about 90 pounds, so it obviously doesn't fit her any more. My plan this year was to make a new, smaller, replacement shirt. I had forgotten that each of these motifs are in the 28,000 to 31,000 stitch count range. I started embroidering yesterday afternoon after my cookie exchange guests left...I got 2 done then and one today after getting home from work. That leaves 4 plus the checkered trim for tomorrow before the last mail pickup at 4:30pm...wish me luck!

No comments: