Thursday, December 20, 2007

Cookies (the kind you bake)

Today I made gingersnaps from this recipe...not an old family recipe, but very yummy!

GINGER SNAPS

3/4 C. butter
1 C. sugar
1/4 C. molasses
1 egg
2 C. sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 t. salt
2 t. soda
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. cloves
1 t. ginger
granulated sugar for rolling

Cream butter; add sugar gradually. Blend in molasses, egg and sifted dry ingredients; chill. Shape into 1 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place 2 inches apart on greased cooky sheets. Bake at 375ยบ 10 to 12 minutes; cookies become crisp when cool.

Makes about 6 dozen

Or not. Why is it that I never get as many cookies as the recipe says I will? My theory is that these recipes get handed down over the generations and when they originated people ate a lot less and cookies were smaller. Still, even though I use a scoop to portion out the dough and maybe they might be a bit bigger than 1 inch, I made a double recipe and only got about 9 dozen.

Okay, so the dough is not so pretty...
But the cookie scoop works great!
And I'm with Martha...I LOVE Silpat. I don't know if everyone has this problem, but my oven seems to bake unevenly, so halfway through I switch the trays from top to bottom.
And the results were delicious...
Although Purrkins was bored with the lot of it...maybe I should be baking catnip brownies?

4 comments:

Kate said...

there, finally a picture you couldn't have taken with a point and shoot.

BugnLVoe said...

Yummy! I love gingersnaps.

Have a great Christmas weekend.

XOXO

BugnLVoe said...

Happy New Years Pam! :-)

XOXO

Obat Ginjal Bocor Untuk Semua Usia said...

If the disease is not treated immediately, then everything will result in harm to the health of the body. Thank you for sharing the information

Penanganan Dan Pengobatan Kejang Demam Pada Anak
Pengobatan Patah Tulang
Obat Ampuh Atasi Penyakit Malaria
Cara Mengobati Ginjal Bengkak
Obat Wasir Tanpa Operasi
Pengobatan Diare Paling Ampuh Secara Alami