Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A tribute to my father, from my daughter

My daughter Kate and her husband Kyle (remember the wedding last October?) have just bought a 108 year old house in NE Minneapolis. Before my dad got sick, I had planned a trip up to give them a hand (and some sage advice from someone who has owned a few OLD houses). We have been pulling up carpeting, tack strips, nails and staples in preparation for floor refinishing and have now moved on to painting. Kate is a manager for Trader Joe's and works 50 hours a week, in addition to having a small wedding photography business on the side. Photography is really her passion. When we were in Mansfield for the memorial service, she took some photos of his workshop and has been posting them on her photo blog. It is such a fitting tribute to him...he loved building and fixing things and spent many happy hours working there.

No comments: