Saturday, May 24, 2008

Orchid and orange

Someone gave me this orchid as a dinner party gift three years ago. They said, "Just throw it away after it is done blooming." Even the grower's tag on it said essentially the same thing, but hey, they just want you to spend another $25. And why would I throw away a living plant just because it didn't have any flowers on it. I know just a tiny bit about orchids. What I did with this one is to put it in the back guest bathroom with no heat for the winter, then put it on the screen porch once the weather warmed up in March and gave it some water. This is what it looked like on April 12.And this was taken May 3. This is the third year in a row that it has bloomed for me (not counting the blooms it had when I got it). It still looks like this. It must be loving the tropical weather we are having...80ยบ and 80% humidity this morning.
And since everyone was so impressed with the picture of me with Will Shortz, here is a more recent on with another famous celebrity. He was doing a book signing at Central Market. Doesn't he look thrilled?
And that was before I took the picture of his equally famous shoes.

1 comment:

BugnLVoe said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!

That is to funny.
He always has that look on his face even when he was on the Martha Show.

OMG I hate those shoes!!!! I am one of the few people in the world I think that would never own a pair of those crocs. Ugh!!!!! And men wearing them is just plain weird.