Tuesday, April 29, 2008

On hiatus

I know I haven't posted for quite a while, and don't know when I will be posting again. I was at my parents' near Fort Worth for 12 days. I originally went up just to help my mom get through her second cataract surgery, but ended up staying because my dad was hospitalized with pneumonia. He had surgery and was on a ventilator for 6 days. I came home last Thursday, the day after they took him off the vent. On Friday night he apparently had a stroke and passed away Sunday morning. The memorial service won't be until next Monday as we gather grandchildren from all around the country. Mike and I will drive back up on Sunday and come home on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday (a week from tomorrow) I am flying up to MSP to see my daughter and son-in-law and their new 108 year old house and lend a hand with getting it ready for them to move in. Right now I am just feeling exhausted from what I have gone through and the anticipation of what lies ahead. So, dear readers, please bear with me while I take a little break...

2 comments:

BugnLVoe said...

I am so sorry for you and your families loss Pam. :-(

XOXO
Jackie

Andrea said...

Pam, I'm so sorry about your Dad. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Don't feel guilty about not blogging, we'll be here when you're able to come back.
Love ya,
Andrea