Friday, November 14, 2008

Fall color

We were in Milwaukee last weekend for the dedication of the new Clinical Cancer Center at Froedtert Hospital, where Mike worked when he was at MCW. He was pleased to be invited to speak at the 32nd Annual Juan del Regato Gold Medal Lecture & Symposium. I was thrilled to be back in the midwest in time to see some fall color.

I received the latest fabrics for my mystery block of the month from Cabbage Rose Quilting. I must say, I like the colors better than the last two, but can't imagine how they will all look together.
I made this from the Hopscotch pattern from Beach Garden Quilts, and it has been sent off to the quilter (but with no guarantee that it will be done by Christmas). Just keeping my fingers crossed.

Speaking of the Christmas season, has any one else noticed that it keeps getting earlier every year? I was at the Galleria today, and there were kids getting their pictures taken with Santa Claus! I didn't think he showed up till after Thanksgiving...

1 comment:

texcinlulu said...

OMG...I love this quilt. I like yours much better than the one in the pattern picture.

You two are always on the go. How exciting.

I remember hearing my first Christmas carol at your house on Halloween. So yes they just keep moving Christmas up earlier and earlier. It's mostly the retailers.
Santa is a bit early.