Thursday, July 10, 2008

I <3 Costco

I took my quilt top and back out to Quilt 'n Sew today to have it long-armed quilted. Diane did such a nice job on Kate and Kyle's wedding quilt and I wanted to get this one done by her as well. She said it should be done by the end of August. I will share pictures when I get it back.

I decided to stop at Costco on my way home. I rarely go there because it is in a really inconvenient location. They are building a new once about 3.5 miles from us...I can't wait till it opens in September! My cool find today was this great immersion blender with a detachable blade for $30! I have an old Braun one that works fine, but I never feel like I get it really clean. This one has a blade you can take of and throw in the dishwasher. It also has a little chopper bowl (like a mini food processor) the top of which you attach the motor to...very slick.

Other great buys...2# of organic hummus for $6, 1# of organic spring mix for $4, fresh wild-caught sockeye salmon for $9 a pound, 750 of ibuprofen for $6.45, 300 generic Zyrtec for $14.67 and premium gas for $4.14, and oh yeah, Columbia Crest Grand Estates Chardonnay 2006 for $8.69.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

oh yeah, I hear ya, we love Costco too. just got that same generic Zyrtec the other day, such a bargain.

I have a brand new immersion blender from Cuisinart that I got for Christmas and haven't used it one time...what do you use yours for? I'm thinking soups, smoothies, etc....

Pam said...

I use it for just about anything you would use a regular blender for, except maybe margaritas, but I make those in a shaker. It is particularly useful for soup, since you just blend it up in the pot and don't have deal with pouring it into the blender. It is also good for my husband, who despite having a PhD in the subject, continues to test the laws of physics in the kitchen. You have no idea how much surface 5 cups of Grady Spears' red chili paste can cover when spewed from a blender with the lid not on tightly!