Saturday, April 4, 2009

Heath ceramics

On the Saturday we were in the bay area, we took a drive over to Sausalito and visited the Heath ceramic factory and store. I had been wanting to do this for a while, and when we were in Berkeley we learned that Chez Panisse uses their dinnerware. They have been in the same location for 55 years.


In addition to dishes, they also make ceramic tile.

Mike was very patient as I oohed and aahed.


I would have loved some of that cobalt blue...





So many pretty things...

We didn't buy anything, but we came home with a greater appreciation of the pieces we have. These serving bowls and platters belonged to Mike's mother, so I guess they would be considered vintage.


I bought these matching cups and saucers on eBay several years ago.

As well as these plates....

And speaking of Chez Panisse, I just saw this interview with Alice Waters posted on Design Sponge.

No comments: