Sunday, January 4, 2009

The ugliest one so far...

Well, I'm glad I didn't make any New Year's resolutions about being a better blogger, because I would have broken them already! Seems like someone has put my life on fast forward...how can it be the second week of January?

This is the fourth mystery block of the month from Cabbage Rose Quilting. It goes with this one and these two.

I was in the shop the day after Christmas. Since I was at my mom's and they were having a big sale, I dragged my sister and niece along to ooh and aah over all their pretty stuff and their cute, cute shop. I mentioned to the owner (I think) that the Kaffe Fassett fabrics were not something I would have ever chosen for myself and alluded to the similarity between them and my grandmother's old slipcovers. She said, "Oh, you aren't familiar with his designs?" Me: "I guess not...I am more drawn to Mary Engelbreit and Amy Butler" (of which this shop has a boatload!) But being as O/C as I am, I will continue to make these "free" blocks. I did buy some pretty fabric and a pattern to use them in...


They are really calling to me...but I am trying to be disciplined enough to finish up a few other works in progress before starting something else. Wish me luck!

No comments: