Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saturday at the Bayou City Farmers' Market

I hadn't here been for quite a while. We used to go fairly often, but haven't gone since Mike has been spending every Saturday at the Proton Therapy Center "making cancer history." I finally decided to go by myself. Not as much fun, but an enjoyable experience nonetheless.


In Wisconsin, we didn't get tomatoes at the farmers' market until late July or August...not the case here in Houston.


And look at these lovely squash...


I usually have a tendency to go overboard and buy way more than we can use, but this time I exercised some self control. This is what I came home with...


These beautiful eggs...

And this delicious chevre from Blue Heron Farm


Tonight I am going to make this Summer Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese, Basil Vinaigrette, and Fresh Herbs. Doesn't it sound yummy?

No comments: