Friday, January 4, 2008

Retail therapy

I always get the post holiday blues, but this year seems to be worse than usual. I think it's because we went away for Christmas and didn't even put up a tree. We did see my family and our kids, but it just wasn't the same, not having Christmas here.

I wasn't really in the mood to shop, but I have been on a quest for a new pair of jeans for a few months now. My mom gave me a Macy's gift card for Christmas and they were having a one day sale (which really is a two day sale, and I think they have one every week!) So I bucked up and went to the Galleria Macy's, which turned out to be a profitable venture. I found a pair of Lauren Jeans Company classic bootcut midnight overdye that were originally $89.50 on clearance for $25 that actually fit me :-)

Then I went to Central Market where I found this great Thymes reed diffuser in their Frasier Fir scent. (My daughter Kate had given me a candle in this scent for Christmas 2006 and I absolutely LOVE it...it has a beautiful intense piney fragrance.) The great thing about this was that it was 75% off...and it doesn't have to be lit to smell good! And it seems to be improving my mood because it still smells like Christmas.

No comments: