Thursday, January 3, 2008

New year's resolutions?

I didn't really make any new ones...just the same old ones: eat better, exercise more, get organized, etc. My house is fairly neat and tidy to the naked eye (well, except for the laundry/sewing/craft room...I keeping cleaning it up and then as soon as I start working on a project it becomes a mess again!) I do have some dirty little secrets, like the closet in the den and my junk drawer(s). Yes, there are more than one. But the main one was really out of control. So yesterday when I was at Target I found this junk drawer organizer. It even comes with little stickers that have line drawings and are labeled with things like "scissors." I wasn't going to use the stickers, but they are kind of cute, and will keep me honest...I am too O-C to put rubber bands in a compartment labeled "tape." After cleaning out the drawer (while listening to All Things Considered), I thought, "Gee, I should have taken before and after pictures." But the before was SO bad, I would have been mortified to show anyone. Now I am inspired to tackle a couple of more drawers in the kitchen, and then MAYBE the closet in the den...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'd like to be more organized this year too, esp. in the crafting department. I think I'm going to get some shelves from IKEA and set up an area in our bedroom.