Thursday, July 16, 2009

Back on track

So, my whole "blog every Monday and Thursday" thing didn't last too long, did it? Well, I missed a week, but I am hoping to get back on track. A friend, who is also from the midwest, sent me this yesterday:

I found this beautiful summer poem and thought it might help make your day.
It did mine, and it's very well written.
' Summer in Texas '
SHIT!
It's Hot !
The End!
It's true. I was driving home the other day and was surprised at the temperature on the bank sign. So I looked down at my climate control and sure enough...106ยบ


Needless to say, I have been spending most of my time inside, in the comfort of air conditioning. I can't imagine how anyone ever lived here before the invention of A/C. I did sneak out one afternoon to take a picture of my quilt top before I sent it off to the quilter. The sun is actually behind it, so you can really see the pattern well here.


Purrkins gave it his seal approval.


My birthday was last week and this is what I asked for.


After 20 years together, Mike still refuses to buy me appliances as a gift, even if I ask for them. I have wanted one of these forever. He said, "Buy it for yourself." So I did (I have learned a thing or two in 20 years).

The mother of all irons...it has a 1 liter water tank and a 6 foot steam hose. I particularly enjoyed the instructions which state "Never iron or steam clothes while they are being worn." It doesn't say anything about using it on hair, like we did back in the sixties.


I rarely iron except when I'm sewing, but then I want something that does the job right without having to refill the water reservoir all the time. I was so excited to use it I made all three of these mystery blocks in one day. This month eleven, so I got a bonus block, and hadn't made up last month's yet. One more month to go. I can't wait to see what these all look like together.

At least my mandevilla like the heat.


1 comment:

texcinlulu said...

Hi Pam
Loved the Poem.
Too true.
Cindy