Monday, March 3, 2008

Made in the USA

I recently bought this plastic watering can at Target. When I brought it home and took the label off of it I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was actually made in the USA by Arrow Plastic Manufacturing Company in Elk Grove, IL.
Don't get me wrong, I love foreign made products...Japanese cars, English bone china, Irish wool sweaters, Italian leather shoes...you get the idea. What bothers me is that so many things that used to be made in the USA are now being outsourced to China, India, etc. Coach bags, for example, which were originally made in New York are now made in China and are more outrageously expensive than ever. So I have started a Flickr group for people to share items they have found that are still American made, hopefully so that others may seek them out and support these companies. If you find something that is still made in the USA, please share it there. Thanks!

1 comment:

BugnLVoe said...

I love your new watering can Pam. :-)

xoxo