Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The bounties of summer

Despite my best efforts, I have had NO luck growing tomatoes in Houston. Fortunately we have Central Market where I bought these lovely home-grown Texas tomatoes...
What I CAN grow here is herbs, and basil does very well. I picked this bunch last night...
Also at Central Market I had picked up this wonderful fresh mozzarella...
The highlight of last night's dinner was the caprese salad, with balsamic vinegar and olive oil imported directly from the Fiesole farm of Paola Scaravelli and Jon Cohen, authors of Cooking from an Italian Garden.
I also cooked these lovely green beans, one of my very favorite vegetables. I made an oven roasted pork tenderloin as well, but I don't think we would have missed it, the side dishes were so good!

No comments: