Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Time flies...

Wow, the boys are 11 weeks old today!  I am used to seeing newborns on a regular basis, but it has been such a wonderful experience for me to spend their first 3 months with our grandsons. I will be returning to Houston (and work!) next week and can't even imagine how much I am going to miss seeing them on a daily basis.  

Mike was up last week and we have gotten settled into "the loft."  I did a lot of online shopping to get it furnished.  We have tried to keep it pretty minimal since we will only be here sporadically, but I did splurge on a few things.  I bought this sofa from Ballard Designs an am loving it...really comfy and the slipcover is machine washable!  Lots of stuff from Ikea:  chair and lamps...


Barstools...


Bedframe and mirror...


The Eiffel Tower print was left by the previous tenant.  I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's growing on me.  One thing that we did bring up here is the yellow high chair.  It was mine when I was a baby!  My brother and sister also used it, and then it travelled from California to Wisconsin to Texas.  When Kate was born, my father had all the metal re-chromed, and she and all my nieces and nephews used it.  My youngest niece will be 16 next week, so it had been in my parents' attic for over a decade.  Earlier this year I retrieved it (with the help of my brother).  Mike brought it up last week and we reassembled it.  Not bad for 60 years old...genuine mid-century modern!


They're not quite big enough to use it yet, but look who came over for lunch today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how adorable are those little babies! 2 cute!

clicked on over here from Karen's Blog Party link...hope you'll stop by to visit my creative space.

I love your black iron bed...we have the same one from IKEA....boy do I ever love that place.


ciao bella
creative carmelina