Saturday, July 24, 2010

Before & after

I bought this chaise lounge about 10 years ago at my favorite consignment shop in Milwaukee. I had my eye on it for a while and waited till it got marked down the second time. I don't remember how much I paid for it...less than $200 I'm sure. I was able to see past the ugly red Stewart plaid to the down filled cushion and the carved wooden legs. I remember hauling it home in our minivan and my daughter being terrified that someone would see us bringing it into the house. I fully intended to have it reupholstered, but in the meantime just draped it with an old Bates bedspread.

We recently had our bedroom painted and I was finally motivated to have it done. I found this great fabric at High Fashion Home and had the work done at Alief Upholstery, a local shop. I am really pleased at how it turned out, and so are Purrkins and Graycie.

5 comments:

jen duncan said...

Looks great Pam!
I know you must love those cats, to let them be layin' on it already!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

it is beautiful. Classic now.

The Crazy Suburban Mom said...

Oh wow, that is beautiful! I would love to find a piece - oh and have a place for it too- like that.

Its just beautiful!

Tracy

imquilternity said...

It's wonderful! It feels so good to rescue a piece of furniture with good bones and give it new life!

daisymay aka Chantele said...

Very nice! It looks beautiful! Daisy Dayz Home