Saturday, April 28, 2007

Wedding quilt...work in progress

So...here is what I have done so far. These are 162 of the 243 strips (3 squares per strip) that will ultimately get sewn together into 81 blocks. I am trying to keep them as random as possible for the most color diversity. The dark brown triangles are the unifying theme. Once I get the blocks pieced, I will then have the challenge of arranging them. Right now I am leaning toward this type of layout, which gives you those visuals diagonals.Of course, I did need some immediate gratification and sewed this block together just to get an idea of what one would look like.
And while my Bernina was smoking, Miss Graycie found a new spot to nap, on another work in progress...perhaps to remind me that this sweater is almost finished!

No comments: