Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More orange clogs

I guess there are a lot of Mario Batali fans out there. I have seen his show on the Food Channel a few times (we don't have cable, but I have watched it at my mom's) and I have seen him on Martha as well. We have a couple of his cookbooks that Mike cooks out of fairly often. I only happened to find out that he was going to be here in Houston by chance while shopping at Central Market. I went to the book signing to pick up a few birthday/Father' s Day/housewarming gifts.
Well, while I was standing in line, I was amused by the number of Mario wannabees waiting with me.




Joe Bastianich was there too, promoting his wines and his book Vino Italino: The Regional Wines of Italy. We have eaten at one of his mother's restaurants, Lidia's Pittsburgh, and really enjoyed it. I think most of the people were there to see Mario, but Joe was much more hospitable and even stood up for me to have my picture taken with him

No comments: